SPEAK TO THE EXPERTS
Non-complicated results-driven Franchising legal solutions.
EXPERT FRANCHISE LAWYERS BRISBANE TRUSTS
GLG Legal Brisbane offers expert real-world legal advice to franchisors and franchisees.
Joining a franchise network can be a complicated process, which is why GLG Legal is here to simplify it for you. Franchising is a highly regulated, complex area of law. Our lawyers and consultants have the legal skills and commercial understanding to guide clients through the franchise law process.
Our advice in franchising and business strategies, operating structures, systems, compliance, documentation and franchising disputes provides our clients with the necessary legal basis to become involved in the franchise process with confidence.
Our franchise business lawyers also work with leading franchise consultants and professionals in associated fields, such as accounting and business mentoring. Our franchising practice is supplemented by our intellectual property and information technology law section and our commercial practice, which includes leasing, employment relations and the following:
- The Code of Conduct
- Dealing with the ACCC
- Legal audits, due diligence and risk minimisation
- Distribution and licensing
- Product and idea commercialisation
- International expansion
OUR FRANCHISING SERVICE INCLUDES:
Our franchise solicitors assist franchisors by:
- Drafting and finalising all franchise documents, including Franchise Disclosure Documents
- Ensuring legal and regulatory compliance with Australian laws and the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Registering and protecting trademarks
- Navigating the termination or renewal of franchise agreements
- Providing legal support for franchised business operations, including business structuring
- Managing mergers and acquisitions
For current or prospective franchisees, we can assist you by:
- Reviewing the franchise agreement and negotiating its terms
- Conducting due diligence
- Ensuring compliance with Australian laws and the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Reviewing and explaining franchising agreement (including terminations and renewals)
- Reviewing and negotiating lease agreements
- Protecting intellectual property, including trademarks
- Assisting in dispute resolutions
- Developing exit strategies
INVOLVED IN A FRANCHISING DISPUTE?
When things don’t go to plan, having a franchise dispute lawyer by your side can make all the difference. Franchising relationships are built on trust and mutual benefit, but disputes can arise, challenging the harmony of the franchise system. At GLG Legal, our franchise dispute lawyers have a deep understanding of the complexities of franchise disputes, and can help you resolve:
- Breaches of franchise agreements
- Franchise agreement terminations and non-renewals
- Intellectual property and trademark disputes
- Franchising code non-compliance
- Document misrepresentations
WHY CHOOSE GLG LEGAL?
When it comes to franchising your business or navigating the intricate world of franchise agreements, having an experienced franchise lawyer in Brisbane is a necessity. At our law firm, we combine our years of industry experience with a client-focused approach, providing personalised and innovative solutions to every matter. Whether you’re a franchisor looking to expand your brand or a franchisee seeking to invest in a proven business model, we’re here to guide you every step of the way.
We offer proactive legal guidance to help you remain compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, mitigating potential risks along the way. Our experienced franchise lawyers take a meticulous approach to safeguard your interests and keep your franchising venture on solid legal ground. In the event of franchise disputes, our seasoned legal team is well-versed in dispute resolution strategies, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and litigation. Having a qualified lawyer from GLG Legal to diligently protect your rights and seek favourable resolutions that align with your franchising objectives will increase business success.
For a reliable, personalised service with your franchising law matter, get in touch with our franchising lawyers today.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
VISIT THE BLOG.
Developing a property or piece of land comes with its own risks and rewards but what does it mean when a contract says, “subject to development approval”? Developers and real estate agents often use a subject to development approval clause from a previous contract,...
Article by Peter Lee, Property Law Accredited Specialist There has been plenty of public debate lately about sunset dates and the termination of contracts. Mainly these focus on the plight of buyers who signed a contract years ago at what was then market prices,...
Property Lawyer Joins GLG Legal GLG Legal is excited to announce that Mark Jenvey, a property lawyer with over 20 years of experience has joined the firm as Special Counsel in Brisbane. Mark brings a wealth of expertise and capability in commercial, industrial and...